Friday, May 7, 2010

PERMIT

So Kevin went to the permit office Wednesday and they told him to come back Thursday, which is typical government workers, but we won't go into that. He went yesterday and I told him to call me afterward if the news was good, bad or ugly.

He called around 10ish with a colorful rant on how he feels about the people at the office. So, of course, I assume that we don't have the doggone thing yet again. At the end of my 2 cents about the situation I ask what do I need to do so we can get the permit? He calmly says, "well, I guess you don't have to do anything since I have it in my hand." I was elated!!!

So yesterday, the only visible sign of progress was putting the permit in the front window. Doesn't sound like much, but to us it was a huge step. We're finally going to have progress and we're so excited! The dumpster will arrive on Monday morning and the first half of the week will be spent doing demo. The 2nd half nothing will happen because Kevin's guys have another job late in the week and through the weekend. A week from Monday they will start framing and we'll see how it goes from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment