Monday, May 3, 2010

Finally Go Time?

Well, it isn't the first time we've heard it, but word from Kevin is that some of his guys will be there first thing in the am to start DEMO. I will believe it when I see it, but can't help but to be excited!!! We still do not have a permit, and the friendly folks at the City are taking their sweet time issuing it. We applied on April 22nd and they have 5 to 10 business days to let us know something. It's been more than 5, but not quite 10. Kevin is going over to the permit office on Wednesday if we don't hear anything tomorrow. In the meantime, I didn't think I would ever be so happy to hear that people were going to tear up our house!

Not much else to report other than...

1. Matt and I finished the garage doors. They look good and there weren't any injuries or melt downs. Label it as a success.

2. We've been shopping. We picked out and purchased all of the door interior and exterior and all of the windows. Big stuff, but not terribly fun. On the fun side, I bought great marble tile for the bathroom floor today - love it!

3. Courtney has helped me start picking paint colors - yes, it's wildly premature, but still fun!

Hopefully a status update and pictures of mass destruction tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment